Please note recruitment for the International Fulbright Science and Technology Program has been suspended for the 2013-2014 program year. Decisions for the 2012 cohort have already been announced.
Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree (comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree) on or before August 2012 and cannot reside in the U.S. at the time of application to the program. It is highly recommended that the applicant have received his/her bachelor’s degree in the same or a related field for which he/she plans to pursue Ph.D. study. Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency with a recent TOEFL score (or equivalent) of 580 or an IBT of 90 or higher.
Applicants to the S&T Program must plan to study in one of the following fields:
- Aeronautics and Aeronautical Engineering
- Agriculture (theoretical or research-based focus only)*
- Astronomy/Planetary Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Engineering (aerospace, electrical, chemical, civil, industrial, mechanical, ocean, and petroleum)
- Environmental Science/Engineering
- Geology/Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Information Sciences/Engineering (engineering focus only; business-focused study is not eligible)
- Materials Science/Engineering
- Public Health (biostatistics or epidemiology)
* While agriculture tends to be a fairly applied field of study, those wishing to pursue theoretical and research-based study in such areas as entomology, plant biology, plant pathology, and soil science are eligible for this Award.